Burns and Reid Ltd


Burns & Reid is our own family run business; and we take pride in making your experience with us the best it can be, if you’re happy, we’re happy.

Our lettings department is well established and we’ll take the highest level of care when finding and selecting the right tenant for your home, whether the tenants are professionals, individuals, families or couples, our local knowledge helps us to price your rental effectively and ensure you the greatest returns and limited tenant-transition periods.

We know how important the right service is and so is choosing the right agent, before you entrust your property to an agent make sure they have all your letting needs covered, from marketing and promoting your property through to levels of service they offer.

We can also advise on legal, utility and safety requirements (including EPCs and gas checks), and offer access to our trusted network of local reliable contractors.

A Selection of Frequently Asked Questions:

References: We use a professional referencing company to check all our prospective tenants. These verification and identity checks involve comprehensive enquiries and will almost always include employers, accountant (if self-employed), previous landlord, character and bank, which you’re welcome to check prior to the tenancy commencement.

Tenancy Agreements: An 'Assured Shorthold Tenancy'(AST) is drawn up for a period, usually for six or twelve months and you can if you want to add specific clauses into the contract, the tenancy agreement is available for your inspection on request.

Deposit: We collect a minimum of one month’s rent as a deposit in cleared funds prior to the tenancy commencement, which we lodge and hold with The Deposit Protection Service against damage, breakages and non-payment of rent.

Who Must I Inform? You have legal obligation to inform your mortgagee, the Inland Revenue (overseas landlords see below), Freeholder (if leasehold property) and Insurance Companies (building and contents insurance policies may become invalid/void if not informed).

Overseas Landlords Non-Resident Landlords Scheme: Overseas landlords must also register with HMRC as we are obliged to retain income tax

To discuss letting your property, or hear more about our personalised property management service, please visit us our office, fill in our online form or call us on: 01744 752898/751035 or text us on 0787 282 4546.